Young artists may want to start thinking about creating art work to enter into the Teen Art Competition of the Evansville Fine Art Show™, being held on November 16, 17 & 18, 2012, located indoors at The Centre. The Teen Art Competition invites kids ages 13-19, or grades 9-12, to submit their art work to be publicly displayed at the event, and also for the opportunity to win a cash prize! The art work entered will be placed in a tent labeled "Teen Art Competition", which the program encourages kids to use more of their imagination and creativity when they know that their work is going to be submitted to a high quality art show for public display and with the opportunity to win cash!
- All entries must be original and unaided by other people.
- Art work medium acceptance categories include painting, clay, fiber, jewelry, glass, wood, print making, photography, mixed media, sculpture, metal, drawing, digital or other.
- Each entry is $3, maximum two entries per person.
- To obtain an application, please go to the website, www.HotWorks.org or send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to Evansville Fine Art Show™, PO Box 79, Milford, MI 48381-0079 and an application will be mailed to you.
- Each entry will be individually judged by participating artists.
- Four prizes will be awarded as follows: $100 for Best Teen Artist; and three $50 prizes.
- The winners of the 2012 Teen Art Competition will be photographed and posted on the Evansville Fine Art Show™ website, www.HotWorks.org, for people to view.
- Completed applications with a photograph of art work must be post marked by November 1, 2012.
- Actual art work is to be delivered to the event sight on Thursday, November 17, between 1pm-7pm, and picked up on Sunday, November 18, between 3pm-7pm. Any art work not picked up becomes property of event.
Institute for the Arts and Education, Inc., is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to enhance artistry and community enrichment through promoting and educating fine arts and crafts among artists and students, of all age groups and diversity, and the general public. IA&E implements ways to enrich lives and strengthen our community through the power of arts. We help teach communities how art work is made, and further enhance the involvement of the community with our events. An essential component of Institute for the Arts & Education is the invitation to young artists from the local schools to have their art work displayed and judged by the same art professionals. This program is to encourage and promote art among the young, with an opportunity to win a cash prize.
For more information, contact 248-684-2613 or email Info@HotWorks.org. Below are Teen Art winners from the 2012 Boca Raton Fine Art Show.