Call for Entries! Youth Artist Competition!
Grades K-8 / Ages 5-13 OR Grades 6-12 / Ages 9-19
Institute for Arts & Education, Inc.
501c-3 Non-Profit Organization and
Hot Works Art Shows Community Fund
Deadline to apply is 10 days prior to each art show. Please enter your original and personally handmade art. All entries will be publicly displayed during the art show. Maximum two entries per student; $3 per entry. Be imaginative and creative as you begin to learn the rules of being part of a professional art show. Please read the “Rules” below.
$250 Awards – Each Show:
- $100 “Best of Youth Art”
- $50 “Youth Art Awards of Excellence” (Three winners)
- Each winner also receives a beautiful two-foot-long ribbon.
- Free admission or free parking for the family
- Age. The artist must be in grades K-8 or ages 5-13; or grades 6-12 or ages 9-19, depending on the show listed above. (Proof may be required)
- Submission. You may enter up to two pieces of artwork – the entry fee is $3 per entry. Each entry must be original and unaided. Mail printed copies of original artwork, check, and application together in one envelope. With each photograph of your original artwork, include the Artist’s Name, title, size, and dimensions clearly labeled. Please include the date on which your work was completed and name your work. Please write ‘Show City & Date’ on the outside envelope
- Display. Framing is optional; however, paintings, drawings, photography, and other flat artwork must be ready to hang with a wire attached approximately 1/3 from the top, whether framed or not. Works of art must be exhibited for the entire event, until 3pm on Sunday. Early removal of artwork is not permitted.
- Awards Winners will be announced, and the awards distributed on Sunday at 3p. Winners need not be present to win, however, we would appreciate it if you could be there. All winners will be photographed with their artwork which will be posted on the event website, www.HotWorks.org. and provided to the media. Awards are given at the judge’s discretion. If your entry reaches the final judging stage and is being considered for an award, you may be asked to submit proof of age. Awards will be paid directly at the event or mailed after the event.
- Release. The person signing below acknowledges and authorizes the art show, Hot Works, LLC; Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc.; our sponsors or licensees to use the youth art images for promotional purposes for past or future events. Hot Works, LLC or Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc. cannot be held responsible for plagiarism in student artwork.
- Delivery/Pick-Up. Artwork is to be delivered to the event site on Friday, between 8a-4p. Please take it to the check-in area. Include your name, age, and phone number, plus the title of the entry, if any, on the back of your artwork.
- Free Parking or Admission. When artwork is delivered, you will receive a complimentary parking pass to return to the art show at no charge to the family.
- Liability. The Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc. and Hot Works, LLC will use their best efforts to take utmost care of artwork. However, neither can be made responsible for any damage to work. The applicant assumes all responsibility for insurance coverage of all artworks entered in the show. Artwork not picked up on Sunday by 5p becomes the property of show management.
- Acceptance of Rules. Parent, legal guardian, or art teacher: by signing this agreement, you accept the rules listed in this application, as well as additional rules of the event. Applicant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc.; Hot Works, LLC; event venue, and their agents and employees for damage from any cause.